Thursday, February 24, 2011

My life and the change under way

So it has been a while since I have blogged and I feel that now is the best time. Spring is just around the corner even though we have a snowstorm coming tomorrow and is going to dump another 6- 10 inches on us (yippie---sarcasm)
My blog this time is about a gift that I gave to myself about a week ago, and that was a tattoo, this was a tattoo that I created in my head and never actually put it on paper until about a week ago and then it went right onto my body. May 4, 2010-----that will be a day that will be implanted in my memory for days to come and yes the tattoo symbolizes part of the day. My sister suffered a stroke and we did not know where our lives were heading. Thankfully almost a year later, can you believe that a whole year and my sister is alive and yes she is permanently disabled but she is here with us and her 3 boys are growing!!
Anyways the tattoo that I chose was a dragonfly. WHY? Well during the whole life changes that me and my family went through the summer of 2010, no matter what time of day it was or where I was there was always one, two and even 3 dragonfly's flying around me. At first I was really creeped out but I did my research. Dragonfly's are basically angels watching over us, they guide us onto the right path and they mean change. They bring good things and of all things they are protectors. Granted in person they don't seem to be a beautiful insect but the meaning they represent means so much more.
So a week ago I went to my tattoo artist and we sat down and he placed this very meaningful tattoo on me. I didn't cry after really seeing it, but wen I got home that night it really sunk in all the things that I myself and my family has been through and it means a great deal to me. This tattoo represents my older sister for the strength she pushed through and survived a brain hemorrhage (stroke) and it represents the changes that I am making for myself and of all things the support I have for all of those that have passed away from my life and they will always be with me over looking my right shoulder.

I do have 3 other tattoos, yet for reason I don't know if it is because I am getting older or what, but this one truly means the most to be and I am glad that it took me almost 1 year to get it inked on my body. THANK YOU ERIC!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment